Acne is a skin condition that can have serious consequences for a young adult if left untreated. It can damage you skin and spoil your looks and make you look ugly. Many young people with severe cases of acne are overcome with shyness and retreat from social life, which severely limits their chances in life. Therefore, if you have acne, it is important to take things in you hands and be proactive about finding the right treatment so that you can come out of it unscathed.
The first thing you should do when you have a breakout of acne is to consult your doctor. In case your doctor is not able to help, you should ask doctor spring, acne specialist. Here are some of the most important questions you should him regarding acne treatment:
- The first question to ask is whether you need treatment. If the doctor says that you do not, then your case is not severe and the acne will probably fade away in a few days. If it doesn’t, then you can go back to him again.
- If the doctor says that you need treatment, ask him about the drug he has prescribed and where you can get more information about it. Also, ask him how long the treatment will last and when the effects of treatment will begin to show.
- Many drugs have mild to severe side effects. Ask you doctor whether the drug he has prescribed has any known side effects. Also, ask him about the right course of action in case of negative side effects.
- If you have any illness or ailment, ask the doctor if it is alright to take the acne medicine he has prescribed along with the medicine you have having for your illness. This will help you avoid possible side effects and complications.
- You may not be sure exactly where to apply the medicine. So ask your doctor if the medicine is to be applied all over your face or just on the breakout. If there are oral tablets/pills, ask him questions regarding the daily dose, the time to each tablet/pill, and whether you can have more than the recommended number to hasten the treatment.
- The food you like to eat can have impact on your treatment. Ask Doctor Spring what foods you can eat and what foods you should avoid. Ask him to suggest foods that are beneficial for people with acne.
- Natural treatment, if available, can be more beneficial to your body. So ask the doctor whether he can recommend any fast and effective natural treatment. Many doctors are not opposed to natural treatment and are more than happy to help you.
- Some people also suggest phototherapy, climatotherapy or hydrotherapy for treatment of acne. If you are interested in these methods, ask you doctor about them. If regular treatment with medicine fails to cure your condition, these might be helpful.
And finally, after asking all the right questions comes the most important aspect: Follow. So ensure you follow 100%.