ABC of Haircare
Hairstyle to Suit Your Face
Dandruff is the disorder of the scalp which appears in the form of little white flakes in your hair. It is usually accompanied by an itchy, scratchy feeling in the head. Dandruff mostly effects the head either in the rainy season or in the winter months. Most of the people suffer from dandruff sometimes in their lives. In ordinary cases it can be removed with home treatment only, but In persistent and chronic cases you should seek medical advice. Here we are dealing with ordinary cases of dandruff.
Dandruff can give rise to acne and pimples. A little dandruff sloughing off your head is not harmful but if too much of it settles on the scalp, harmful bacteria begin to multiply. These are held back due to excessive oil in the scalp which results in itching and ringworm of the scalp. If this germ laden dandruff falls on your back and shoulders, it gives rise not only to acne but also red itchy patches which keep on spreading. The best way to keep away from dandruff is to wash your hair daily. This will help remove grime and help your hair to be free from dandruff.
Dandruff can also lead to baldness, therefore even if it is very mild it should be dealt with immediately.
Home remedies to get of dandruff
- For dry dandruff the best remedy is to mix lime juice with egg white and massage into the scalp. Leave for half an hour and then wash off.
- For very scaly and itchy scalp Vitamin E oil liberally into the scalp. Cover with scarf and go to bed. In the morning wash your head either with shikakai or baby shampoo and rinse the hair afterwards either with 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lime juice dissolved in 2-3 mugs of water. Do this twice a week till the itching and scabs disappear.
- Another good anti-dandruff shampoo is made by beating yolks of 2 eggs in ½ cup of warm water. Massage this into the scalp and hair thoroughly. Rinse carefully and then use a final rinse of 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in water.
- Supplement your diet with B vitamins. Take yeast tablets, eat liver frequently and take plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and protein rich foods.
- Never use the “medicated dandruff shampoos”, so widely advertised. These medicated dandruff shampoos do not clear the dandruff but make it return with a vengeance. These give only temporary relief. These dandruff chasers which are being widely advertised can do a staggering amount of scalp and hair damages, therefore always go in for natural means to control your dandruff.
If you eat the right food comprising of fresh fruits, vegetables and juices and keep your scalp clean you will never fall prey to dandruff.